Humans are so small compared to some animals; next to creatures like elephants and whales, we seem minuscule. But on the other end of the spectrum are animals a whole lot smaller than us — so small in fact, that we can hardly find them in the wild, let alone understand how they survive from day today. Here are some of the tiniest and cutest creatures in the world:
- World’s smallest monkey– Pygmy Marmosets, weighing just about the same as a butter stick are the tiniest monkey alive. They feed on the gums and sap of trees.
- World’s smallest cat– Rusty-spotted cat, can fit in the palm of your hands and is smaller than leaves. It is known as the “hummingbird of the cat family” and is found throughout India and Sri Lanka.
- World’s smallest snake– Barbados thread snake, can fit inside a quarter coin. As the name suggests it lives on the island of Barbados in the Carribeans.
- World’s smallest fox– The Fennec fox lives in the deserts of Saharas. They have pin-sharp ears that can hear things normal humans can’t.
- World’s smallest frog– Paedophryne amanuensis, is very small and can camouflage itself. It is a native of Papua New Guinean.